Tuesday, February 09, 2010

A peak at some of my garden



Some of my grapes starting to ripen up.  This is the first year we have lived here that we have let the vines fruit so I have no idea how long they take to ripen or if they will be nice or not, fingers crossed.  Notice the gigantic rosemary bush underneath - love it!

My pots against the garage wall ( to be knocked down at an undecided date in the probably far off future to make way for real trees & garden beds).  From left to right, baby Bay tree which will stay in the pot given that they apparently can reach 12 metres tall, lemon tree, to be relocated to the real garden once the garage finally dies, mint, baby cherry tomato plant, Vietnamese mint, blood orange tree, again waiting for a real garden, garlic chives & apple tree, again in waiting...


Strawberry patch by the back door, starting to take off though so far no ripe strawberry has made it inside past Chloes eager fingers



More herbs, basil, Thai basil, blood plum tree, ditto on the garden & more basil.  Lots more growing in the beds & so far havent had to buy a tomato all summer so am reasonably happy with my first ever real veggie patch though there will be lots of changes next year to improve upon the failuires & some crops that didnt bear as well as hoped

2 comments:

Agnes said...

I love hearing about other people's gardens! I hope that the grapes are nice.

Iron Chef Shellie said...

WOw! Never seen grapes grown in someone's backyard before! Very cool =)

I'm looking forward to starting my own vege and herb garden when I move out this year =D