Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Garden update

 A few photos from my garden.  it's all coming along nicely though things seem to be taking a lot longer this year with our cooler than usual summer.  Here are some tomatoes, I have 6 different plants on the go & finally they are starting to produce
 First lemons on the lemon tree, lets hope they will live to mature, I haven't had much success so far
 The first of my tomatoes to ripen, these were actually some Winter tomatoes that I picked up at the garden show last year, I planted them a bit late so nothing in Winter but nice to have something ready to pick now
 Thai basil (back) & sweet basil (front), all from last years seeds.  This year I have been planting basil every few week so I have a continuous supply, these are my youngest
 More Winter tomatoes from last summer, yet to redden
 A rogue pumpkin plant I have let live amongst the weeds, one budding pumpkin so far, who knows how many more I will find amongst the weeds
 The first of my cucumbers looking good
And lastly some corn just about ready to eat....

How is your garden growing this year?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My garden is not looking as good as yours :( We have been attacked by caterpillars and grasshopers so anything leafy is suffering.

I have a steady supply of tomato, chili, shallot, rosemary and thyme but everything else is not so great.

We did get 4 big corn heads though :)

I think me garden could do with turning over and organic fertiliser.

Ange said...

Too bad on the nasty garden bugs! Better luck with your next crop

susan said...

I have huge green tomatoes that have yet to ripen. How long does it usually take for this? I also have corn that is far from ready, but looking forward to when it finally ripens!

Tv Food and Drink said...

I want to dive into the bed of basil. It's just starting to get warm enough here in Hollywood for a jalapeno plant on my balcony. Keep up the good work!